Cumberland County has an extensive history of successful greenway and open space planning. The inaugural County greenway plan was adopted in 2000. Then in 2006, a comprehensive park, recreation and open space plan, titled Land Partnerships, was completed. A revision to that plan was later prepared in 2013. As a rapidly developing county with growing needs it is critical to periodically update and refine our goals and strategies; therefore Cumberland County is again positioned to update the Land Partnerships Plan in 2023. The final plan will also serve as the basis for the conservation elements of the County Comprehensive Plan. The County has received grant funding through the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resource.
This webpage has been created to post public input opportunities and materials associated with the plan update! Contact Stephanie Williams at 717-240-5383 or email@example.com with any questions or comments.
Scope of Work
Steering Committee Meeting Minutes - May 17, 2023 minutes pending
Steering Committee Members
- Andrew Bomberger, Tri County Regional Planning Commission
- Jason Beale, Central PA Conservancy
- Julia Chain, South Mountain Partnership
- Tyler Fairchild, CPRP, Silver Spring Township
- Dr. Edward Franco, Cumberland County Planning Commission
- Bonnie Myers, North Newton Township
- Kristen Rowe, Cumberland Area Economic Development Corp
- Heather Sweitzer, Cumberland County Planning Commission
- Mike Pion, NextHome Capital Realty
- Anna Yelk, Cumberland Conservation Collaborative