Follow the Rules: Three main waterways add to Cumberland County’s scenic beauty. These water trails provide hours of fun filled boating and fishing activities for all ages. While on the water, remember to follow the six simple rules stated in this short video.
Conodoguinet Creek Water Trail:
Yellow Breeches Creek Water Trail:
- Map and Trail Guide(pdf)
- Safety Alert - Check stream conditions prior to any outing at USGS water gauge - Camp Hill. Recommended stream levels for boating are between 1.4-2.0. 6 is action stage, 7 is flood stage!
- Trail Advisories - The following advisories only represent information reported to Cumberland County and therefore may not be complete. Paddling is inherently dangerous and conditions can change rapidly.
- B1 - Messiah University - Occasionally, creek access at Messiah is limited or closed due to scheduled events. For up-to-date information on closures, visit www.messiah.edu/safety.
- B7 - Suez Water Plant & Dam - Slate Hill Road bridge construction project
- B7 - Slate Hill Road - Tropical storm Ida has deposited a significant amount of debris against the bridge abutments. Plans are underway for a contractor to remove debris but current conditions are expect to exist through October 2021.
- Interactive Mobile Trail Guide