- The Cumberland County Planning Commission is looking for a college student to serve as a non-voting board member. The student must be enrolled in a college/university in the county and will serve up to a 2-year term beginning in February 2023. Additional Info & Application
Starting Nov. 18, 2022, all submissions to the Cumberland County Planning Department must be through our new online application.
Who We Are
The Cumberland County Planning Department helps build strong urban, suburban, and rural communities by promoting responsible economic development, providing transportation choices, encouraging housing diversity, and conserving natural resources in partnership with our 33 municipal governments.
What We Value
The Cumberland County Planning Department follows six fundamental values while implementing its core activities:
- Accountability – Every activity is completed according to established performance standards and demonstrates clear value to county residents.
- Integrity – Our primary obligation is to serve the public interest through the transparent, honest, and ethical execution of our responsibilities.
- Competency – We pursue planning excellence through continuous professional development and certification maintenance opportunities that expand the capacity and improve the quality of our planning services.
- Partnerships – Building strong relationships with municipal governments, the public, nonprofit organizations, and the private sector creates a collaborative environment that broadens the reach and impact of our planning initiatives.
- Be Present – Successful planning requires local familiarity and experience that can only be gained through our personal presence in every community throughout the county.
- Respect Local Autonomy –We support the local government structure in the county and commit to working cooperatively with communities to develop “grass roots” solutions tailored to meet local needs.
Wed, Dec 14
Thu, Dec 15