- Agriculture, Development & Planning
- Planning Department
PennDOT Survey- Cumberland County encourages our residents to take a few minutes to complete PennDOT's survey asking for information about how you travel, transportation issues, and budget priorities. The survey is open until April 30, 2023. Short PennDOT Survey
Starting Nov. 18, 2022, all submissions to the Cumberland County Planning Department must be through our online application.
Who We Are
The Cumberland County Planning Department helps build strong urban, suburban, and rural communities by promoting responsible economic development, providing transportation choices, encouraging housing diversity, and conserving natural resources in partnership with our 33 municipal governments.
What We Value
The Cumberland County Planning Department follows six fundamental values while implementing its core activities:
- Accountability – Every activity is completed according to established performance standards and demonstrates clear value to county residents.
- Integrity – Our primary obligation is to serve the public interest through the transparent, honest, and ethical execution of our responsibilities.
- Competency – We pursue planning excellence through continuous professional development and certification maintenance opportunities that expand the capacity and improve the quality of our planning services.
- Partnerships – Building strong relationships with municipal governments, the public, nonprofit organizations, and the private sector creates a collaborative environment that broadens the reach and impact of our planning initiatives.
- Be Present – Successful planning requires local familiarity and experience that can only be gained through our personal presence in every community throughout the county.
- Respect Local Autonomy –We support the local government structure in the county and commit to working cooperatively with communities to develop “grass roots” solutions tailored to meet local needs.
There are no published events in current month.