Outpatient treatment services include evaluations as well as individual and/or group counseling programs which are set up to serve individuals with substance abuse problems as well as their families.
These services are designed to:
- Intervene in problems related to alcohol or other drug use/abuse (including underage drinking and driving under the influence)
- Provide treatment services in circumstances that do not require inpatient care
- Provide counseling and support for family members and others adversely affected by alcohol- and other drug-related problems
- Provide continuing care for individuals completing inpatient treatment
- In addition, outpatient treatment providers may serve as the starting point for referrals to inpatient care (for clients not requiring detoxification).
Looking for substance abuse treatment, knowing what to do can feel overwhelming. For a list of all licensed substance abuse treatment providers in Pennsylvania, visit the Department of Drug & Alcohol Program's D&A Treatment Locator page
. Listings specifically for Cumberland and Perry counties are also available. A second resource is SAMHSA's Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator
, a national directory, that also includes a link to the facility's website. For treatment specific to the use of alcohol, the NIAAA Alcohol Treatment Navigator
is a wonderful guide to alcohol-specific resources. In great detail, it provides a step-by-step process to finding quality treatment that is the best fit for you.