- Administration & Finance
- Human Resources
To provide exceptional Human Resources (HR) leadership, service, and support in staffing, employee and labor relations, benefits administration, compensation, training and development and risk management, to employees and management while maintaining and promoting a work environment of trust and respect that adheres to all federal, state, and county regulations.
- Staffing Management: Staffing the county organization structure through proper and effective selection, appraisal, and development of the personnel to fill the roles assigned to the county workforce.
- Benefits and Compensation: Administer and communicate employee benefits programs to all county employees and prospective employees. Evaluate county compensation program for appropriate position pay levels based on position responsibilities and knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the job.
- Employee and Labor Relations: Develop, communicate, and facilitate the consistent application of county policies and procedures, and work with county management to resolve employee/labor relations issues in a fair and consistent manner while complying with all applicable county policies, collective bargaining agreements, laws, and regulations.
- Risk Management: Administer county liability insurance proactively through accurate record keeping, aggressive contract negotiations, and assertive relationships with providers.
- Training and Development: Provide training and development opportunities for county employees.
Cumberland County Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Cumberland County acknowledges and celebrates the unique characteristics of our residents, employees, and visitors. We identify diversity as a strength and consider it a growing, valuable asset of our community. We thoughtfully offer services and opportunities by understanding the different needs of our residents and actively engaging the underrepresented. Everyone who lives, works, and visits Cumberland County will benefit from our commitment to a welcoming environment.