"Vector" is defined in the dictionary as "an organism, such as a mosquito or tick, that carries disease-causing microorganisms from one host to another." Through the years some changes have been made to address new and emerging pests that are a human health threat or have become an extreme nuisance.
The County Vector Control office includes assistance and information on vector and non-vector pests listed as follows:
- Mosquitoes: Mosquito-borne Disease Program PA DEP
- West Nile Virus and Zika Virus
- Dead Birds: Testing & Reporting
- Blackfly (Gnat) Suppression Program PA DEP
- Household Pests / Wildlife Information
- Gypsy Moth Program PA DCNR