How does mental health affect our youth?
Mental Health is an important part of overall health and wellbeing for all of us, especially our children. Children respond to stressful or traumatic events in life differently than adults. It is important to identify signs that may be related to a social or emotional distress in a child.
Signs may include:
- Changes in sleep patterns (bad dreams, difficulty falling asleep, or staying asleep, waking very early)
- Changes in eating habits
- Fear of being alone or withdrawing from others
- Bed wetting (in younger children)
- Thumb sucking
- Difficulty concentrating in school
- Grades in school suddenly declining
- Any drastic change in behavior
This list is not comprehensive. If you have questions or concerns about a child and their emotional health, please feel free to contact our offices or either of our case management units to talk with staff.
Holy Spirit Behavioral Health Center: Camp Hill . 717.763.2219
The Stevens Center: Carlisle . 717.243.6033
MH Services for Students
MH Resources for Students
Frequently asked questions
Do you need more information?