What is the difference between a "Notice to Resume Prior
A Notice to Resume Prior Surname can be completed here after a divorce complaint is entered in our office. This must be completed in the county where the divorce action is filed.

An Official Name Change must follow the PA Rules of Civil Procedure.
There is no form for this. You must research what needs to be filed or contact an attorney. (see Prothonotary Fees)

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Prothonotary's Office located?
2. Do you have forms for all the filings?
3. What do I need to bring to obtain a passport?
4. How do I appeal a License Suspension or
5. How do I file for a Divorce or Annulment?
6. How do I obtain a certified copy of my Divorce Decree?
7. How do I find an attorney for my case?
8. Do I obtain a marriage license in your office?
9. How do I appeal a District Justice Judgment?
10. How do I enter a District Justice Judgment?
11. How do I change my child's last name?
12. What is the difference between a "Notice to Resume Prior