- Administration & Finance
- Sportsmen and Hunting Licenses
- Best Buck In Cumberland Contest
Best Buck In Cumberland Contest
The Cumberland County Treasurer's Office is holding our first ever "Best Buck In Cumberland" contest/giveaway.
- Deer must be harvested during the 2022 archery or rifle hunting season.
- Photos must be taken between Oct. 1 and Dec. 12, 2022.
- No photos or information will be accepted after the deadline of 12/12/2022 at midnight.
- Buck must be harvested from a municipality/township in Cumberland County covered by the 4B, 5A, or 5B Wildlife Management Unit.
- Applicant must indicate the municipality where the deer was harvested.
- Scoring will be based upon the following: Number of antler points, inside spread between antlers, symmetry of antlers, other unique features, and overall characteristics that make it a prizeworthy buck.
- Hunter must enter at least one picture of the buck. An additional photo can be submitted to allow judges to better assess the buck. Hunters are encouraged to be in photo but not required.
Three hunters (Carl Goshorn, Kirk Stoner, and B.J. Small) independent of the Cumberland County Treasurer's Office will be judging entries of the contest based on the following methods.
Scoring basis considering characteristics such as:
- Number of antler points
- Inside spread of antlers
- Symmetry of antlers
- Nontypical points
- Other unique features
If there is a scoring tie, the judges will vote based upon the overall appearance of the rack. This is a photo contest only. No in person judging of antlers. Picture quality will be important.
- $50 gift card to Sportsman's Warehouse
- Sitka Traverse Cap (valued at $35)
- Bragging rights (Priceless)
Giveaways sponsored by Sportsman's Warehouse and Treasurer Kelly Neiderer.
How To Enter
- Step 1: Get a hunting license
- Step 2: Go have a great time hunting (Don't forget to wear orange)
- Step 3: Take pictures of the buck you have harvested
- Step 4: Submit your photos and entry to our contest online at www.surveymonkey.com/r/BestBuckInCumberland by Dec. 12, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- Employees of the Treasurer’s office are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.
- There is no cost to enter the contest.
- Winner will be presented prizes at a convenient time for them and photographed for a social media post.
- Contest entrants agree to the use of the pictures being posted on Cumberland County social media.