Notice: Advanced Costs for Sheriff's Sale Real Estate
Advanced costs for Sheriff's Sale Real Estate has changed to $2,500 effective immediately and Realty Transfer Taxes will be taken out of the successful bidders final bid.
Document requirements for a Real Estate Sale:
- Cumberland County Sheriff's Office Service Request form - one form for each service containing an individual contact name other than that of the filing Attorney.
- Copy of Affidavit 3129.1 (affidavit of lien holders and last known addresses)
- Original Writ of Execution (this is provided by Prothonotary's Office).
- Three certified copies of Writ of Execution per defendant (these are provided by Prothonotary's Office).
- Four Notices of Sale (with copy of legal description attached to each) per defendant.
- One paper and One Electronic copy of legal description for advertising. The electronic copy must be be emailed to email@example.com in WORD format at the time of filing.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope to return to Attorney's Office
- Stamped, Addressed Envelope to each defendant (In addition to any envelope requirements for the Prothonotary's Office)
- Deposit of $2500.00 payable to The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office
- When E-Filing, Real Estate Package must be sent directly to the Cumberland County Prothonotary's Office. Do Not Send Directly to the Sheriff's Office